POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Skyrim...! : Re: Skyrim...! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skyrim...!
From: Tim Cook
Date: 9 Apr 2013 22:52:44
Message: <5164d3fc$1@news.povray.org>
On 2013-04-09 02:41, Bill Pragnell wrote:
> I'd love to see a Blackreach overlay, if only to see how badly it matches up.
> There's several direct surface access points IIRC, plus the three dungeon
> entrances (all several zones each, so I'd hold out no hope for alignment there).

Tried it.  It doesn't line up, which is dumb.  Even adjusting the scale,
the locations of the Great Lifts, particularly Bthardamz, aren't in the
same pattern.  Suppose could cheat and say the lift shafts are at an
angle through the ground.

>> Mineral survey would be done as a sort of separate thing, rather than
>> having the map show individual points, trying to see if it'd be possible
>> to interpolate between ore deposits into contiguous veins.  Looks
>> semi-promising from what I poked around on the UESP map, but it'd become
>> a separate map.
>
> Interesting, it never occurred to me the designers might try to do that :)

If you've got Hearthfire, it's interesting to note that the clay
deposits are all along river banks and such.  You can go in the UESP map
and search for different ore veins even when zoomed fully out and page
through them 50 at a time to get an idea of how they're set up.

> There are some other 'elsewhere' exteriors too, like Sovngarde... Ever think to
> have a go at them too, or are they too small to bother with?

Well, I'd like to expand the map to include the rest of the Tamriel
worldspace...eventually...(it covers half of Hammerfell, Morrowind, and
down to just north of Valenwood), but unless they did some major changes
for Dragonborn, Solstheim...isn't even where it ought to be on the world
map.  Either it's closer to Vvardenfell and rather smaller, or it
doesn't exist at all.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.sjcook.com