POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: Old City street corrected : Re: Gancaloon: Old City street corrected Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: Old City street corrected
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 5 Apr 2013 03:00:52
Message: <515e76a4$1@news.povray.org>
On 4-4-2013 20:44, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> True media for an Earth-sized sphere sounds painfully excruciating.  Perhaps add
> some translucency to the fog?

<grin> Possibly. The media though does not need to cover the whole Earth
sphere, only around the scene including the height_fields. Even so,
render time would dramatically increase of course but for some /final/
render that would be acceptable. For the time being tweaking the fog
parameters seems enough to me, maybe with some transparency indeed. I
have to check what gives the best results.

Thomas