POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: Old City street corrected : Re: Gancaloon: Old City street corrected Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: Old City street corrected
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 Apr 2013 03:12:01
Message: <515d27c1$1@news.povray.org>
On 3-4-2013 19:26, Kenneth wrote:
> Thanks, Thomas! I'll do a bit of searching, and see what I can find.

Give a yell if in trouble.

> BTW, I also like your mountains; the steaks of granite running through them are
> a nice touch. (When I initially saw your first image post in this thread, I
> thought you had used a photo of real mountains!)

Like so often, I stand on the shoulders of giants. In this case I built
on from a texture by Jaime Vives Piqueres, in his Terra project. I
always try to give the impression of geologically correct features
(professional deformation ;-) ).

> As others have said, this scene--and your city in general--are very inspiring.
> Really nice work.

Thank you indeed. I am glad to inspire others when so many have inspired
me over the years (and still do). Just giving a little something back in
return.

Thomas