POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Code gets the processor too hot? : Re: Code gets the processor too hot? Server Time
17 May 2024 06:35:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Code gets the processor too hot?
From: Ger
Date: 2 Apr 2013 17:22:20
Message: <515b4c0c$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> Well, the thing that causes that nested differences aren't collapsed
> into a single one is the /absence/ of code to effect the collapsing, so
> no surprise you didn't find anything :-P
>
> It probably would have to go in the parsing code for CSG objects.

Well, I'm not going to try and patch the povray sources. That's beyond my
level. :)
What I did however is store the differenced spheres in a text file and later
#include that. Doing it this way you don't have the nested differences
anymore and that has a huge impact on the render time. 7 seconds against
1:36 minutes.

As it turns out (from what I can determine) povray spends a lot of time
handling the nested differences.

--
Ger