POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Code gets the processor too hot? : Re: Code gets the processor too hot? Server Time
2 May 2024 15:38:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Code gets the processor too hot?
From: Stephen
Date: 2 Apr 2013 07:58:02
Message: <515ac7ca$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/04/2013 7:45 AM, Ger wrote:
> I'm not worried that my processor will overheat, it won't.

In case anyone else sees the subject and thinks that it might be
relevant to them as their processor overheats when rendering.
My laptop was shutting itself down when I was using SSL as it was
overheating. (The problem was a broken fan blade trapped inside the fan.)
I found an application called TThrottle which throttles the CPU when a
set CPU or GPU temperature is reached.

http://efmer.eu/boinc/

--
Regards