POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: Old City street corrected : Re: Gancaloon: Old City street corrected Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:27:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: Old City street corrected
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 31 Mar 2013 03:21:14
Message: <5157e3ea@news.povray.org>
On 30-3-2013 16:54, Kenneth wrote:
> Both of those techniques sound intriguing indeed. (I have not yet played around
> with proximity textures; they seem to be quite amazing.) Do you have a link to
> Sean Day's slope/altitide stuff? I would like to take a look at it, as it
> apparently solves what I assumed to be a real problem!

As a basis I started with Sean Day's
http://www.irtc.org/stills/2006-08-31.html and in particular the wall
textures.

Proximity patterns exist in different flavours. I am aware of Patina2 by
Rune Johansen/James Coons (2003/2004); df3prox-0.96 by Edouard Poor
(2010); fastprox02 and NestProx by Samuel Benge (2009 & 2011). Patina2
is not a /real/ proximity pattern in the sense of the other two. Between
Sam's and Edouard's, my slightly higher preference goes to Edouard's.

Patina2 was posted by James A. Coons in p.b.s-f at 30 October 2004.
Sam's can also be found in p.b.s-f but I have no exact date.
Edouard's can also be found in p.b.s-f but - again - I have no exact date.

I try to remind myself to document carefully my dowloads, but I often
fail to do it properly... :-(

If you have trouble finding them, I can provide you with a copy, the
authors willing of course.

Thomas