POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: Old City street corrected : Re: Gancaloon: Old City street corrected Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: Old City street corrected
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Mar 2013 04:17:04
Message: <51569f80$1@news.povray.org>
On 30-3-2013 0:16, Stephen wrote:
>> Better and better.
>>
>> Now for the wheel tracks in the road,

Well, as you may have seen in the overview scenes of the Gancaloon
landscape, the roads are /eroded/ into the height_field. In the past, I
have done wheel tracks in a similar way for several of my scenes.

As you can imagine, the street surfaces will remain in the simple state
they are in now, as most of the time more detail is not needed. However,
for close up views I intend to build locally more elaborate street
surfaces, with cobbles and all, and - of course - wheel tracks.

> You are taking requests? Aren't you?  ;-)

Not so much /requests/ as /challenges/ ;-) They tickle my imagination...

Thomas