POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet WIP (209kbbu) : Re: Planet WIP (209kbbu) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:28:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet WIP (209kbbu)
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 28 Mar 2013 05:49:31
Message: <5154122b$1@news.povray.org>
This is looking nice already.

The clouds are the most obvious fakeness as they are distributed
randomly and not according to realistic weather patterns. Unfortunately
this is really hard to do (my clouds looked worse when I tried this).

Also you are probably aware that on a photograph you would not
see stars or detail beyond the terminator. Of course people might
intentionally use multiple exposures for this so all is well ;)