POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: old city : Re: Gancaloon: old city Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: old city
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 Mar 2013 08:09:32
Message: <5152e17c$1@news.povray.org>
On 27-3-2013 11:12, Paolo Gibellini wrote:

> Sorry, I don't remember the news, but the code posted by Philippe
> (2007-05-09) was very useful to me to understand the use of warp in
> textures.

Thank you very much indeed, Paolo. I am a voracious collector of code.
;-) Always useful one day or another.

> It's a silly idea use a duplicate of the height_field clipped by the
> contour of the old city and translated a bit vertically?

No, it is one of the possible techniques. I had not yet seriously
thought about that use, I confess, and I shall give it a try. Should
give good results for the fairly flat areas and the overviews.

THomas