POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : An End? : Re: We have a cunning plan. Server Time
2 May 2024 05:46:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: We have a cunning plan.
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 24 Mar 2013 15:30:42
Message: <514f5462@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> As always, your comments are appreciated.

I think a good mix would be

1 week   - doodle topic for people with commitment phobia
2 months - room for traditonalists
6 month  - diligent scene builders with availability issues

I'm not quite sure how you intend to handle submissions with
multiple contests. I reckon the submission periods should not
overlap either? Depending on the constraints a 6 month pattern
could fit multiple shorter contests.

BTW: Do you have access to the data generated by the contests?
It sounds like the site is very much hanging on the goodwill of
an unknown entity and it would be too bad if all the images
will be lost at some point in the future without backup.