POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fruit flavours : Re: Fruit flavours Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fruit flavours
From: clipka
Date: 23 Mar 2013 20:06:31
Message: <514e4387@news.povray.org>
Am 20.03.2013 22:21, schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:

> Naturally, I immediately asked myself whether you could build a cheap
> render farm out of these things. Having uttered the words aloud, at
> least one website about this subject must now exist. A trivial Google
> query verified this fact; there are indeed *several* such pages. They
> conclude that 100 Raspberries have roughly the same compute power is a

As a side note, it might be worth mentioning that last time I checked,
the Raspberry Pi's floating point math was still buggy (at least with
Raspbian Linux; I suspect the hardware is ok, but the Pi's
floating-point engine needs some software support for full IEEE standard
conformance, and that part might still be wanting).