POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : area light and radiosity problem? : Re: area light and radiosity problem? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: area light and radiosity problem?
From: James Holsenback
Date: 22 Mar 2013 16:15:37
Message: <514cbbe9@news.povray.org>
On 03/22/2013 12:09 AM, Anthony D. Baye wrote:
> James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:

>>> OK ... turning area_illumination off got rid of the blotches!
>>
>> Here's a 1st pass beauty run ... radiosity + area_light - area_illumination
>>
>> BTW: I /really/ have to figure out how to cut some holes in the outer
>> object where the inner object passes through ... they /were/ bezier
>> curves (extruded and beveled) and converted to mesh, then I used taper
>> modifier on the outer and simple z axis (blender up in this case)
>> deformation on the inner object to get the peak in the middle.
>
> I love it.
>
> Source please?
>
> Regards,
> A.D.B.

Thanks .... there isn't really any source other than the environment,
the objects are blender models.

Here's a different version where I managed to get it looking like the
inner cycloid is threaded through the outer.

It turned out it was easier to get povray to do the CSG, instead of
doing it in blender ... first I just exported the two objects then did
povray difference, then I exported just a slightly smaller
(extrude/bevel /not/ scale ) version of the inner object, and used union.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cycloid.png' (235 KB)

Preview of image 'cycloid.png'