POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : "Truly free" : "Truly free" Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:39 EDT (-0400)
  "Truly free"
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Mar 2013 11:31:54
Message: <514c796a@news.povray.org>
OK, I need the opinion of a few folks disconnected from a debate I'm
having.

Let's say you have a software product, and updates/support/enhancements
are provided only if you pay an annual "maintenance" fee.

A new component is developed for the software, and is made available to
those on a current maintenance plan.  Other customers can purchase it at
a per-seat license.

Is that new component "free" (as in "no cost") to those who are on
maintenance, or not?

Jim