POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fruit flavours : Re: Fruit flavours Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fruit flavours
From: scott
Date: 22 Mar 2013 04:42:21
Message: <514c196d$1@news.povray.org>
> For example, when you say "15 seconds", what that really means is
> "0.15 seconds". Or when you say "postal-stamp sized", what that really
> means is "postal-card sized". Or when you say "constantly" (eg. "the
> screen has to be constantly cleaned") what you really mean is "every
> two weeks." Or when you say "2 inches" (eg. "you have to look at the
> screen from 2 inches away") it really means "20 inches."

I just tested on my 1-year old work PC (Intel W3680 12GB RAM Win7) and
it *literally* takes 2 seconds after I open Control Panel for all the
icons to finish loading the first time (subsequent times are faster).
probably). I think that's the sort of thing Andrew means by the GUI
being more responsive. Obviously it's doing different things, but most
end users don't care about how it's been implemented.