POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fruit flavours : Re: Fruit flavours Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:31:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fruit flavours
From: Warp
Date: 21 Mar 2013 18:34:48
Message: <514b8b08@news.povray.org>
> Thing is, your typical user cares about "I click on this folder, and it
> takes 15 seconds to open" verses "I click on this folder and the window
> opens in under 200ms". To a user, that *is* "the same thing".

There's a certain language that you use that's different from normal
language. In order to understand it, one requires some interpretation.

For example, when you say "15 seconds", what that really means is
"0.15 seconds". Or when you say "postal-stamp sized", what that really
means is "postal-card sized". Or when you say "constantly" (eg. "the
screen has to be constantly cleaned") what you really mean is "every
two weeks." Or when you say "2 inches" (eg. "you have to look at the
screen from 2 inches away") it really means "20 inches."

--
                                                          - Warp