POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : area light and radiosity problem? : Re: area light and radiosity problem? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:27:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: area light and radiosity problem?
From: James Holsenback
Date: 21 Mar 2013 12:54:09
Message: <514b3b31@news.povray.org>
On 03/21/2013 10:48 AM, James Holsenback wrote:
> On 03/21/2013 10:33 AM, James Holsenback wrote:
>> wondering about what's going on here with this series of images. the
>> radiosity and area light settings are unchanged from image to image, and
>> all I did was radiosity on/off and area_light on/off (btw: using rad_def
>> "Normal" settings)
>>
>> the 1st image is radiosity only, the 2nd is area light only, and the 3rd
>> combines them:
>>
>> what's up with blotches? change #5819/5820 (octree) or maybe something
>> still with area lights?
>
> OK ... turning area_illumination off got rid of the blotches!

Here's a 1st pass beauty run ... radiosity + area_light - area_illumination

BTW: I /really/ have to figure out how to cut some holes in the outer
object where the inner object passes through ... they /were/ bezier
curves (extruded and beveled) and converted to mesh, then I used taper
modifier on the outer and simple z axis (blender up in this case)
deformation on the inner object to get the peak in the middle.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'work.png' (321 KB)

Preview of image 'work.png'