POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: old city : Re: Gancaloon: old city Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:29:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: old city
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Mar 2013 04:14:57
Message: <514ac181$1@news.povray.org>
On 21-3-2013 1:29, s.day wrote:
> Very impressive, are all the buildings generated by the macro or just the main
> town buildings (I mean not the ones in the harbour).

Only the houses forming the city blocks are generated by the macro.

> Also, is the wall part of the macro?

No, the walls are built separately.

> Do all your close up scenes I have seen posted use this macro as well?

No again. The macro is has just been finished recently. The close up
scenes first showed a crude simulation of sprawling urbanism that only
looked believable from far away, then recently a first approximation of
city blocks modelled by hand but not really satisfying.

 From now on, the macro will be used.

Thomas