POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sslt and area light : Re: sslt and area light Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:04:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sslt and area light
From: James Holsenback
Date: 7 Mar 2013 11:46:48
Message: <5138c478$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/07/2013 10:41 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 07.03.2013 15:47, schrieb James Holsenback:
>> There seems to be a problem using sslt with area lights ...
>
> Can't confirm this here.

Before I stumbled onto the perceived problem, I also noticed something
else ... perhaps helpful.

I wanted (rightly or wrongly) to first generate the photon map using
area light but no sslt on the base, then load the map and pick up the
sslt (with area light off) in another pass ... well it appeared to load
the photon map ok, but when it was done rendering the sslt had
completely wiped out the appearance of the photons on the base. Since
the area light was /off/ the sslt effect looked quite nice, but like I
said photons ... nada.