POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Funniest bug ever : Re: Funniest bug ever Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:28:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Funniest bug ever
From: scott
Date: 7 Mar 2013 03:20:02
Message: <51384db2$1@news.povray.org>
> **However** if you create an empty folder, called backup, on the C:
> drive, then you can "mount" your external drive to that folder,

That's exactly what I do - mounting the external drive using its GUID so
I'm sure it's always the correct drive. Whilst this works, there are a
few "issues". Firstly I have no idea what will happen if the folder
"backup" already exists and has data in it, will that data be
unavailable whilst the drive is mounted to that folder and then reappear
once the drive is unmounted? Also it seems that you need to run the
command prompt or script as admin to get this to work, whereas if you
write directly to the drive via its drive letter you don't. Thirdly you
have to check errors carefully otherwise you end up physically writing
your entire backup to drive C rather than the external drive.

All in all it would be *way* simpler if I could just write "robocopy ...
EXTERNAL:\Backup /MIR".