POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Funniest bug ever : Re: Funniest bug ever Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:31:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Funniest bug ever
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 25 Feb 2013 17:31:13
Message: <512be631$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/02/2013 07:59 PM, Warp wrote:

> Or you are deep inside a directory structure that's version-controlled by
> git (the .git directory being far upward in the directory structure).
> Among several files in the current directory, there's only one that's not
> being tracked by git. You write "git add " and press tab... and you can
> guess what happens.

I did this yesterday in Bash. I typed "hg add " and pressed tab. Of all
the dozens of files in the current folder, it immediately completed with
the single (deeply nested) file that I hadn't added.

I have literally no idea how it does that.

Annoyingly, if you type "systemctl restart x" and hit tab, it fails to
notice that xdm.service is the only possible completion...

...none of which has much to do with /scripting/ tasks, but anyway.