POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Apparently it didn't catch on : Re: Apparently it didn't catch on Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:35:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Apparently it didn't catch on
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 25 Feb 2013 14:07:18
Message: <512bb666$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/02/2013 10:01 AM, scott wrote:
>> http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/simonpj/Papers/excel/excel.pdf
>>

> Shame.

Indeed.

> Actually IME I find a lot of people are able to write VBA macros,
> yet they purposely go to huge lengths to use only "native" Excel just to
> avoid the dreaded "this sheet has macros" warning when opened. In fact
> it turned into a bit of a competition at my old place; "I challenge you
> to implement this in Excel without a macro". It's surprising how
> versatile it is without VBA.

Well, that's true of anything.

I used to think shell scripts were just for invoking binary files in a
certain order. But that's because I was writing MS-DOS shell scripts. If
you write your scripts with Bash, it's quite frightening how much stuff
you can do - all in a non-interactive, untyped, unchecked environment
where almost anything can go wrong. Frightening stuff indeed! o_O

I'm sure I've quipped at some point that *I* have computing

Excel spreadsheets laced with VBA code. And she has no computer training
at all!