POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Apparently it didn't catch on : Re: Apparently it didn't catch on Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:30:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Apparently it didn't catch on
From: bart
Date: 25 Feb 2013 11:04:02
Message: <512b8b72$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/25/2013 08:42 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:
> I think Andy was talking about how Excel would support recursion, not
> how a user would implement a recusive function.  Currently Excel would
> throw a "Circular reference" error.

For the reference: it is not (always) an error,
sometimes this could be intentional.
In fact, Excel does support recursion (iterations),
it is just switched off by default,
because in most cases circular reference indeed
means an error somewhere.
But you can turn it on, check out:
Tools->Options->Calculations->Iteration, Maximum iterations.