POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Funniest bug ever : Re: Funniest bug ever Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Funniest bug ever
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 25 Feb 2013 09:30:28
Message: <512b7584$1@news.povray.org>

> On 23/02/2013 10:24 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:
>
>> 1. Redirect stderr to a different file. And check for that file being
>> more than 0 bytes before claiming the install completed succesfully.
>
> Ooo, here's an interesting question - what is the size of /dev/sda? Is
> it the size of the special file, or the device to which it refers?

It's the size of the special file.  If you want to know the size on the
device, you'll have to parse the output of df.

But that's not what I meant.  You redirect stderr to a file and then you
check that THAT file's size is not zero with [ -s $ErrorLog ]

Come to think of it, you should also test that /dev/sba is a block
device before trying to dd to it using [ -b /dev/sda ]