POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Apparently it didn't catch on : Re: Apparently it didn't catch on Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:26:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Apparently it didn't catch on
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 24 Feb 2013 06:55:58
Message: <5129ffce$1@news.povray.org>
On 23/02/2013 11:01 PM, bart wrote:
> On 02/23/2013 10:17 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/simonpj/Papers/excel/excel.pdf
>>

> An interesting idea. However, it looks contradictory:
> to have all calculations visible in cells on a function instance sheet
> and to be faster than VBA function at the same time?
> There is even a speed-up option in VBA to switch off cell updating.

I don't think this is the problem. You can view the function sheet while
you're developing it, and then turn it off when you have hundreds of
instances of that function.

I think the real problem is more... Well, let me put it this way. I just
tried to explain to my imaginary friend how this extension works. I
spent about half an hour trying to come up with a simple way to explain
it. I couldn't find one.