POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A new view from Gancaloon's harbour : Re: A new view from Gancaloon's harbour Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:27:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A new view from Gancaloon's harbour
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Feb 2013 03:43:19
Message: <5125de27$1@news.povray.org>
On 21-2-2013 9:24, Kenneth wrote:
> Wow!  Both of your images show the tremendous amount of detailed work you've put
> into this scene.

Thanks! And still only in wip mode ;-)

> The view from on-board the boat is a keeper; I do like the image's composition,
> with the railing in the foreground.
>
> I would suggest some 'dirtying down' of some of the stone surfaces: on the main
> court, and on the vertical walls near the water (those would probably have years
> of green grime dripping down, from the moisture.)

Well, there already is some but that could certainly be made more
obvious. I have to consider, if I can find time of course ;-)

However, being in a Mediterranean/North African climate means less slime
  (except at water's edge) than what we are used to up North.

Does the court get much human
> or animal traffic? Or is it supposed to be 'clean and austere' and off-limits to
> the populace, like China's Forbidden City used to be?

Oh no, everything is open and free and often used for other purposes
than those for which they were created in the first place. The court is
a market during early day hours when the temperature is not too high and
often also at night (different purposes...).

Thomas