POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A new view from Gancaloon's harbour : Re: A new view from Gancaloon's harbour Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A new view from Gancaloon's harbour
From: clipka
Date: 20 Feb 2013 12:25:30
Message: <5125070a$1@news.povray.org>
Am 20.02.2013 13:33, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
>> On 19-2-2013 22:01, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
>> Also I wonder if the water lanes should be wider? From economy
>>> of building I'd expect they should fit two ships side by side.
>
> Not too bad. The most narrow docks are 5m wide. Considering that on the
> river there are a score of small vessels, from the pirogue-scale
> upwards, those would be reserved for them.

5m wide = max. 1.5m width per ship.

I doubt that such small ships would be moored directly sideways to a
solid stone quay. After all, what heavy or bulky load could they
possibly carry? And how would they get out of the ships at low tide?

More likely you'd have narrow wooden walkways for such small vessels,
floating on pontoons; and you'd moor multiple vessels side by side to those.