POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A new view from Gancaloon's harbour : Re: A new view from Gancaloon's harbour Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A new view from Gancaloon's harbour
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Feb 2013 03:35:45
Message: <51248ae1@news.povray.org>
On 19-2-2013 22:01, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> great view from the ship!

Thanks!

> The two right-most figures appear a bit "headless" to me ;)
> Likely an effect of dark head against dark background.

Ah yes! Just a matter of contrast indeed.

> Also I wonder if the water lanes should be wider? From economy
> of building I'd expect they should fit two ships side by side.

Believe it or not, there is ample room for two ships side by side in
most if not all of the docks! Perspective is playing a bad trick here.

>> Further, I make extensively use of Edouard Poor's proximity pattern
>> macro which is the one I prefer at this moment. Sam Benge's comes as
>> close second ;-)
>
> And you are probably very fond of the effects you can create
> with this, but don't overdo it. I would hope a prestigous statue
> in a shiny harbour could be a little better maintained ;)

Oh well.... the intention is indeed bad maintenance and age. I agree
with you however and shall work a bit more towards a more believable
aspect ;-)

Thomas