POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A new view from Gancaloon's harbour : Re: A new view from Gancaloon's harbour Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A new view from Gancaloon's harbour
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Feb 2013 03:26:22
Message: <512488ae$1@news.povray.org>
On 19-2-2013 20:27, MichaelJF wrote:
> a nice view of Gancaloon again.
Thanks :-)

Two nitpicks: You should consider the use of the
> occulsion map baking for the statue and a higher camera position to see the
> water between the paths.

I agree that the statue's texture is a bit extreme. I still need to come
up with a better overall texture and, in particular, make better use of
the proximity pattern. Baking the occlusion map is a next option indeed.

About the camera position, I shall see. I don't want to loose the
contact with the ship ;-)

Thomas