POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A new view from Gancaloon's harbour : Re: A new view from Gancaloon's harbour Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A new view from Gancaloon's harbour
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 19 Feb 2013 16:01:09
Message: <5123e815@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

great view from the ship!

The two right-most figures appear a bit "headless" to me ;)
Likely an effect of dark head against dark background.

Also I wonder if the water lanes should be wider? From economy
of building I'd expect they should fit two ships side by side.

> Further, I make extensively use of Edouard Poor's proximity pattern
> macro which is the one I prefer at this moment. Sam Benge's comes as
> close second ;-)

And you are probably very fond of the effects you can create
with this, but don't overdo it. I would hope a prestigous statue
in a shiny harbour could be a little better maintained ;)