POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another tweak towards realism : Re: Another tweak towards realism Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:15:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another tweak towards realism
From: clipka
Date: 12 Feb 2013 08:51:29
Message: <511a48e1$1@news.povray.org>
Am 12.02.2013 12:05, schrieb Kenneth:
> I would also have picked the sphere on the right as being more correct--but only
> because it simply appears to be reflecting the sky 'more' than the other
> (without really knowing why.) Actually, my very *first* thought was that it
> looked kind of like subsurface scattering.

As a matter of fact, when subsurface scattering is engaged, POV-Ray
already does the right thing. This is because the whole diffuse term is
replaced entirely by the so-called BSSRDF term, which already takes into
account all relevant IOR-related effects (including, but not limited to,
the fresnel effect).