POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Supercalorific : Re: Supercalorific Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:34:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Supercalorific
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Feb 2013 11:12:37
Message: <511523f5@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 08:37:32 +0000, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

>>> Yeah, I'm not saying that nobody can run a marathon. (Clearly quite a
>>> lot of people can.) I'm saying that normal people don't end up looking
>>> like Arnold Schwarzenegger
>>
>> You seem to think, though, that it's a binary state.  Either you go to
>> the gym full time to look like Schwarzenegger, or you sit on your butt
>> all day in front of a computer and have the endurance of a half dead
>> sloth.
>>
>> Surely you realise there /is/ a middle ground.
>
> Go read what I wrote. I said that visible muscle growth and stamina are
> not the same thing. I also said that growing a set of muscles like
> Arnold is an unrealistic goal, but improving my stamina *is* a realistic
> goal, which is why I'm still going to the gym...

Which is good - but what you originally wrote seemed to indicate that if
you want to look like Ahnold, that's a full-time job or it's impossible.
I was pointing out that that again was another fallacy of the sort where
you say "this thing that some people obviously do is clearly impossible".

You might not have noticed it (though several of us have pointed it out)
that you have made a bad habit out of making these kinds of wild
assertions in the past.

Jim