POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Supercalorific : Re: Supercalorific Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Supercalorific
From: scott
Date: 7 Feb 2013 03:55:57
Message: <51136c1d$1@news.povray.org>
> Walking just feels like I'm not achieving anything. I mean, my legs feel
> crippled after half an hour or so,

You're not going to build stamina by running unsustainably fast for 10
minutes at a time. Target longer times at slower speeds, you need to go
at a sustainable pace. Of course your legs will hurt if you're not used
to it. No pain no gain :-)

>> You said you burnt 15 cal/min, that's 900 an hour. Do an hour run after
>> work and you've pretty much earned yourself an additional meal.
>
> If I could actually run for an hour straight and not *die*, that would
> be quite impressive...

Sounds like a reasonable target to aim for (after some amount of
training of course) - aren't there people at the gym to advise you on
stuff like this?