POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How to read source code? : Re: How to read source code? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to read source code?
From: Warp
Date: 6 Feb 2013 18:14:28
Message: <5112e3d4@news.povray.org>
Kenneth <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> From what I've read, some 'text' editors can do this. Or would it require a 'hex
> editor'?  Or perhaps something like Notepad++, which apparently can open and
> display programs written in C, C++ etc?

I'm not sure you understand what program source code is. It's just ascii
text, like this very text I'm writing and posting here. It will look like
for example:

    int someFunction(int parameter)
    {
        return parameter + 1;
    }

Many programming languages are compiled to a binary file (usually containing
raw machine code, as well as slightly higher-level stuff like relocation
data and other kind of data for the dynamic linker.) Such compiled binary
files are not conversible back to the original source code.

--
                                                          - Warp