POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Supercalorific : Re: Supercalorific Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Supercalorific
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 5 Feb 2013 20:01:50
Message: <5111ab7e$1@news.povray.org>

> On 05/02/2013 04:09 PM, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
>> Rule #1 - Never say anything that isn't true, but.. never actually say
>> what **IS** true either.
>
> Ah yes, the lies without lying. Gotta love that!
>
> Although I have to say, the beauty products with the string of
> sciency-sounding "technology" names are the ones that really annoy me.
> You can take a block of lard and call it "Novo(tm) triglyceride
> formulation with sodium ion technology(r)", but that doesn't make it
> actually /do/ anything different to what a normal block of lard does...

My all-time favorite is the beauty cream made with extracts (which
extracts?) from plants that grow under high voltage lines, therefore the
cream will help (how much?) protect you against EMI.

The runner-up:
A spokesperson for one of the beauty companies who was asked about the
cancer-causing products (mainly formaldehyde) used in beauty salons who
replied that "since skin was impermeable, it was impossible for those
chemicals to get in your body.  To which the reporter retorted: "So
you're saying all those skin creams that your company makes that are
supposed to be "deep-penetrating" actually don't work?"

Oops!