POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Eve Online Battle of Asakai : Re: Eve Online Battle of Asakai Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:26:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eve Online Battle of Asakai
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 28 Jan 2013 23:53:04
Message: <510755b0$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/28/2013 4:34 PM, John VanSickle wrote:

> My only questions at the moment (for those who actually play the game) are:

Well, I have never played Eve Online, but seeing as how nobody else has
replied, I may as well provide some blind speculation.

> * From time to time there are flashes that look like balls of pink
> lightning.  Are those ships being blown up, or something else?

I'd guess those are ships either warping in or out of the area.

> *It looks line maneuver is not a terribly important part of fleet combat
> in this game.  Is that appraisal accurate?

Keep in mind that the ships in Eve Online have vastly different sizes,
as illustrated by this image:

http://twitz.brainthink.com/assets/images/EVE_Shipchart_Apocrypha_Edition.jpg
(warning, 5250x10800 pixels)

Most everything I could see the video I looked at were the larger ships,
which are probably not very maneuverable.  There could well have been a
swarm of more agile ships darting around in there that were too tiny to
really see well.  Or maybe in a battle this size small ships are less
helpful, I dunno.