POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Eve Online Battle of Asakai : Eve Online Battle of Asakai Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Eve Online Battle of Asakai
From: John VanSickle
Date: 28 Jan 2013 19:34:25
Message: <51071911$1@news.povray.org>
Evidently this was a big enough event to register in places not devoted
to gaming.  I watched one of the posted videos, and it looked like every
ship parks and fires until it is either destroyed to bails out of the
fight.  Since I don't play it appeared as a rather confusing mess.

My only questions at the moment (for those who actually play the game) are:

* From time to time there are flashes that look like balls of pink
lightning.  Are those ships being blown up, or something else?

* If one ship fires on another, are non-targeted ships along the line of
fire in danger of being hit?

*It looks line maneuver is not a terribly important part of fleet combat
in this game.  Is that appraisal accurate?

Regards,
John