POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Withdrawal from the Internet : Re: Withdrawal from the Internet Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Withdrawal from the Internet
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 25 Jan 2013 21:26:11
Message: <51033ec3$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/24/2013 5:39 AM, Kenneth wrote:
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F6rg_=27Yadgar=27_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
>> ... and, luckily,
>> we still have no real right-wing TV or radio stations in our country! If
>> there is such thing like a redneck culture here, our rednecks are much
>> less bold than the US ones, as almost every election shows...
>>

> WOW, I have no idea what that's like. I think I'd like to move there! Here in
> the US, such things have a wildly-disproportionate influence. So much so that it
> feels almost...normal!

I would go farther than that and say that one of the reasons things like
"onion news" and some other completely made up parody shows that have
popped up, then failed to stay, in the last few years, in the US, have
done so because its nearly impossible to compete with the kinds of
insane nonsense on the supposedly "real" shows.