POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How is this even possible? : Re: How is this even possible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How is this even possible?
From: Warp
Date: 25 Jan 2013 11:05:34
Message: <5102ad4d@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] kosherhotmailcom> wrote:
> The US Constitution does not authorize Congress to ban marijuana[1].
> And unless words have no meaning, the Tenth Amendment reserves to the
> states those powers which are not reserved to the federal government,
> but the courts have generally failed to enforce the Tenth.

I saw somewhere a graph showing homicide rates (ie. homicides per capita)
in the United States during the last about 100 years.

There was a big slope up in the 20's, about coinciding with the
ratification of the 18th amendment, and a slope down somewhere after
the 21st amendment was ratified.

Decades later there was another big slope up (not as steep, but reaching
about the same height), coinciding with the start of the so-called "war
on drugs" in the US. The curve is still pretty high since those times.

Now, I understand that correlation does not necessarily imply causation,
but I would like to see really good reasons why that's not the case here.

--
                                                          - Warp