POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Withdrawal from the Internet : Re: Withdrawal from the Internet Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:12:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Withdrawal from the Internet
From: Stephen
Date: 24 Jan 2013 16:53:25
Message: <5101ad55$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/01/2013 3:06 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 24-1-2013 14:39, Kenneth wrote:
>>
>> WOW, I have no idea what that's like. I think I'd like to move there!
>> Here in
>> the US, such things have a wildly-disproportionate influence. So much
>> so that it
>> feels almost...normal!
>
> Europe is not such a bad place... ;-)

Except in the summer when the American tourists come over. :-P

I got a little taste of it last year when I was working in New Mexico
about 20 miles from the Texan border. It is hard to describe but it was
like walking on eggshells. As a group we went to a county rodeo and yes,
there were stalls where guns and rifles were being sold.
One nice thing happened. One of the company security guards wished me a
happy holiday "back home" on the forth of July. He then asked if we
celebrated Independence Day in England.

Gee! He was cute. ;-)

Anyway how did red-necks get their name?

--
Regards
     Stephen