POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I need a new computer: RAID and other questions : Re: I need a new computer: RAID and other questions Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I need a new computer: RAID and other questions
From: James Holsenback
Date: 23 Jan 2013 11:35:09
Message: <5100113d@news.povray.org>
On 01/23/2013 10:41 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 23/01/2013 16:09, Cousin Ricky a écrit :
>> for Linux is most emphatically that RAID must not be used as a primary
>> backup system.
>
> If you expect RAID to cover failure, you would be in for deception.

/generally/ speaking that would be false, but yep I agree with you on
this, as I've seen failures involving two different mechanisms and
recovery was problematic ... worst case scenario who be a failure that
also involved loss of the parity compressed data. In a /perfect/ world
RAID5 is a valid option.