POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Withdrawal from the Internet : Re: Withdrawal from the Internet Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:21:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Withdrawal from the Internet
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 22 Jan 2013 21:14:03
Message: <50ff476b$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

Am 22.01.2013 22:02, schrieb MichaelJF:

> I meant only the huge amount of internet activity I observed within a lot of
> communities, not the contents. Fine to have you back here.

Yes, and will stay put to p.b.i., as I am still able to use e-mail and
newsgroups... I kicked all web browsers from my laptop's harddisk, and
as I lost my Windows XP installation disk years ago and my main Linux
computer is also not able to connect to the Internet anymore (unless I
re-install Debian aptosid with the Ethernet cable plugged in, which
would take more than two hours), I'm not tempted to plunge again into
the WWW swamp! If I occasionally need to download some raytracing tools
or information important to my Khyberspace, POVEarth and POVSolar
projects, I still can use a friend's Internet connection.

The Linux computer (an AMD Opteron hexacore with 16 GB RAM and 2 TB
harddisk) is now mostly devoted to POV-Ray (what else?).

See you on my screen!

Yadgar