POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Withdrawal from the Internet : Re: Withdrawal from the Internet Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Withdrawal from the Internet
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 22 Jan 2013 13:22:52
Message: <50fed8fc$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

Am 22.01.2013 15:01, schrieb Cousin Ricky:

> Do you have a fundamentalist Christian background?

No, not at all - it is a purely self-taught neurosis! It is not a
genuine Christian faith, just a result of my compulsive searching for
things to fear! And, the Christian/Islamic concept of hell is the most
fearsome idea man at all is able to conceive, so I went for it... since
early childhood, I am addicted to fear! In earlier years, I had
different fear themes, such as contracting some deadly disease (most
favourite: AIDS and rabies), ending up in an extermination camp in some
future Orwellian turbo-fascist regime, becoming psychotic, becoming
demented due to premature Alzheimer's or BSE, or even the fear of
reality being in fact a Matrix-like setting, with myself being nothing
but a brain floating in some liquid nutrient solution in a mad
scientist's laboratory - or even being the only conscious being in the
whole universe! But hell is definitely unbeatable when it comes to
inducing fear! Fear, fear, fear - that has been my life during the last
40 years! And only now I try to take some measures against this
obsession... by retreating (mostly) from the Internet, limiting my
activities to e-mail, usenet and telnet.

See you on my screen!

Yadgar