POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Withdrawal from the Internet : Re: Withdrawal from the Internet Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Withdrawal from the Internet
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 22 Jan 2013 12:15:29
Message: <50fec931$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/22/2013 6:01 AM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F6rg_=27Yadgar=27_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
>> In fact, my most severe addiction (or better, compulsion as it gives me
>> not even short-time positive feelings of satisfaction, only mental pain)
>> is googling several times a day for the catchwords "sin" or "hell", to
>> land up on Christian fundamentalist websites telling me that I, as a
>> homosexual unbeliever, am heading straight towards a place and state
>> infinitely worse than Auschwitz! Websites which tell me that even the
>> faintest hunch of independent, individualist thinking is nothing less
>> than spitting into the face of God Almighty, unforgivable unless I
>> surrender to Fundamentalist doctrine and become a robotic slave of what
>> they call "Jesus Christ". There must be tens of thousands of such
>> websites, also in German language... and I'm simply addicted to
>> religiously induced fear!
>
> You must stop Googling "sin" and "hell," and stay away from fundamentalist Web
> sites.  Why torture yourself?  See if there are any atheist, humanist, or
> freethought groups in your community; they can help you deal with social
> surroundings that condemn you for who you are.
>
> Do you have a fundamentalist Christian background?  You might want to contact
> Dr. Marlene Winell (http://journeyfree.org/).  I don't know if she knows of any
> resources in Germany, but it's worth a try.

Yes, definitely find some more sane people to talk to, visit. Seriously,
"fundamentalists" are nothing of the sort. They cherry pick BS, based on
their own fears and biases, and ignore everything else in their
supposedly "holy" book. And, most of the stuff in it is absurd to the
point of idiocy. Good example - the whole "three races" nonsense from
Noah was, "Cain saw me naked, while I was drunk, so, despite the other
two brothers being extra careful not to see me naked, when they covered
me up, I cursed all of them!" Thus the "mark of Cain", and the supposed
separation of humans into blacks, Jews and Asians, of which only the
Jews where "redeemable". I mean, WTF? This crap is being taught in some
voucher based schools in the US, on tax payer expense, because the
wackos here think its important to "spread the truth".

And, the irony? There is evidence that gay issues, abstinence, etc., is
becoming less and less relevant to younger people in the US, which is
the "hotbed" of this nonsense, even as the fundie death cultists are
getting more and more aggressive in trying to cheat their way into
office and spread their crap all over everything.

No, the whole "sin" of being gay, has nothing to do with god, or hell.
Hell didn't even exist as a coherent idea, until *after* the New
Testament, when they needed to make promises of heaven, and invest a
place of punishment (both stolen from the Greek and Roman legends),
while ignoring Ecclesiastics, which pretty much denies the existence of
*any* world beyond this one, never mind rewards/punishments for "sin" in
life.

Like I said - cherry picking. There isn't much point to sin, if no one
gets punished, so.. they choose to ignore the OT parts that deny the
existence of heaven and hell, but "accept" the parts that would make
their male centric, woman owning, "out breed the other races", the only
real purpose in life is to make a lot of male babies, parts. The only
sin/evil here is in their hate, fear, anger, and willingness to destroy
people that don't agree with their absurd assertions, cherry picked
mythology, and delusional view of how the world works.

You definitely need to find some people that are not totally nuts to
talk to, and stop reading the lies of these irrelevant, less than 5% of
the population, assholes.