POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Withdrawal from the Internet : Withdrawal from the Internet Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Withdrawal from the Internet
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 17 Jan 2013 09:22:40
Message: <50f80930$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

After thinking thoroughly about it and having discussed the issue in
some therapeutical setting, I came to the conclusion that it would be
best for my mental health to mostly withdraw from the Internet, at least
to cancel my private Internet access.

Nevertheless, raytracing and POV-Ray remains a prime pastime for me
(although I currently doubt whether the world really needs a virtual
Afghanistan), and occasionally I might still be present here from a
friend's computer, but essentially, my Internet life ends now after 18
years.

After posting this message and deleting all my web works
(www.khyberspace.de, www.bergisch-afghanistan.de), I will cut through
the ethernet cable which connects my computer to the Internet.

@clipka: Perhaps we meet some day in RL, I have your telephone number,
and you should also be able to find mine...

So long,

Yadgar