POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This week's WTF moment : Re: This week's WTF moment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This week's WTF moment
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 16 Jan 2013 15:56:25
Message: <50f713f9@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 13:25:59 -0500, Warp wrote:

> Many companies (including Adobe, a bit ironically in the context of this
> conversation) offer free licenses to students

Adobe has student/teacher pricing, but I don't think they give the
software to students for free.

I had a look at it a while back when my son was a student (he's since
graduated), and the prices are greatly reduced, but not free.  They also
don't seem to have (or didn't at the time) a stipulation that once you
graduate, you can no longer use the license.

Jim