POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This week's WTF moment : Re: This week's WTF moment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This week's WTF moment
From: clipka
Date: 15 Jan 2013 23:10:55
Message: <50f6284f$1@news.povray.org>
Am 15.01.2013 19:09, schrieb Warp:

> People should be more honest. Don't invent excuses. If you want to use
> the software completely ignoring the owner's wishes, then be a man and
> just say so. "I don't care what they say. I'm going to download and use
> their software because I want to. I don't care if it's illegal or immoral."

FYI: I'm not discussing the moral side of it. Because in a discussion
about moral we'd need to talk about a whole lot more than just the act
of downloading a piece of software that somebody doesn't want you to
get. We'd also have to talk about the morality of the other side; and
let's face the truth: Big companies typically give a shit about morality.

How to make money from something creative has been a big unsolved issue
for I'd guess about hundred years. Well, maybe there's a new, viable
solution emerging with kickstarter & co.

Besides: No, I'm not downloading Adobe's old software.