POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Paper on automated vehicles : Re: Paper on automated vehicles Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:30:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paper on automated vehicles
From: scott
Date: 9 Jan 2013 08:01:58
Message: <50ed6a46$1@news.povray.org>
> 2D thinking... what about bridge jumping ?

I imagine the amount of extra hardware and software required to track
objects in 3D would be immense for not much benefit.

> Would any EMP enters the Faraday cage of the car ?
>
> It seems there is a dead zone on either sides, rear... exactly where the
> current French motor-bikers go when passing you (violating the
> requirement/law of 1m between vehicles)...

Not sure, the diagram shows a dead-zone but in the text and table it
states there is a 90 degree rangefinder in the rear side doors that is
not shown in the diagram.

> Seems a good news, that
> should provide more organs to the hospitals... Motorbike detected on the
> back side... disappears... ignored... collided. Perfect.

It seems like the algorithms are sophisticated enough not to just ignore
the fact that an object has vanished from the sensors momentarily - so
you'll have to live with the crazy motorcylists for a bit longer :-)