POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Hobbit and high framerate : Re: The Hobbit and high framerate Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Hobbit and high framerate
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 8 Jan 2013 22:45:31
Message: <50ece7db$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/8/2013 10:37 AM, Warp wrote:

> It's curious (although in no way surprising) how technology affects the
> type and spread of memes. The wide availability of free blog services,
> and especially the availability of free video sharing services (YouTube
> being by far the #1), something that was completely unthinkable in the 90's,
> has changed the mem landscape considerably.

One of the things I've found interesting about it is that the extremely
rapid creation and propagation of memes allowed by the internet has led
(so it seems to me) to a change is the style of the memes.  In
particular, memes which are extremely quick to digest (like image
macros) seem to have a really high fitness in this sort of environment,
and you seem them everywhere.