POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Hobbit and high framerate : Re: The Hobbit and high framerate Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:34:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Hobbit and high framerate
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 7 Jan 2013 22:27:55
Message: <50eb923b$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/6/2013 11:13 AM, Warp wrote

> You are probably not a brony, but I think that the current (ie. so-called
> 4th generation) series of My Little Pony is an excellent example of this

Agreed, it joins the likes of Avatar the Last Airbender, Invader Zim,
Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, and Spongebob Squarepants asa show aimed
at kids which can appeal to adults as well.

Even so, I continue to be surprised at how robust the Brony fandom is.
I'd guess that 25% to 50% of the time I do a google image search for
anything something pony related shows up in the results.  It's almost as
if by this point there's a rule-34 analogue, but with ponification: "if
it exists, there's a pony version of it".  Honestly, it most makes me
think of what Trekkies probably would have been had the internet been
popular when TNG was airing.