POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Satrap in all his glory : Re: The Satrap in all his glory Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Satrap in all his glory
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Jan 2013 03:12:07
Message: <50e29a57$1@news.povray.org>
On 31-12-2012 22:33, MichaelJF wrote:
> The cloth room, I suspect. The matching of a clothing is ever a kind of
> animation there.

Indeed yes.

> The christmas gift I gave myself was Poser 2012 Professionial,
> but I still have to investigate it.

It is a move I am considering, mostly for its multi thread ability.

> The head room seems to be the same mess as
> with Poser 8. Even if you have pictures of a portrait and of a profile (which is
> a very rare case with net-images) of a person, you cannot really craft a face
> from it. If you hit the button to apply the images you have cautiously designed
> using the two small input areas for pictures, you yield only very disturbed
> faces. The face room is a mess.

I agree. I never have used it with portraits but only for some morphing
which works pretty well if one is careful because holes can appear
between the head and the neck; and the textures in the Face Room are
below average. So yes, it is the worse feature of the package indeed.

Thomas